Saturday, January 5, 2008

God is good

Well this quarter I actually have two of the same instructors I had last quarter [math and PE]. I’ve only had one Speech class, but I already really like my instructor. However I can’t imagine him EVER giving a formal speech. I can’t imagine him in a formal tux. He’s bald. Has a pirate’s goatee about three inches long, and wears a necklace. But he has a great sense of humor

My physics teacher, however, is another beast. He is convinced that evolution is a fact, global warming is real, and the Democratic Party is awesome. I am told by a former student of his that the class will have to watch All Gore’s An Inconvenient Truth [aka an inconvenient lie]. I also feel that this teacher thinks of his students as a job – and a job he doesn’t particularly like at that. Before classes began I checked with the college on what books I would need. They said I there were no required texts. I get to class the first day and the teacher tells us that while the text isn’t required all the homeworks are going to be out of it. Furthermore, the college bookstore doesn’t carry this book so the only way to get a hold of it is to check it out for two hours at the campus library. Fortunately I was able to find an inexpensive copy of the book on Amazon.

On Friday [the second day of class] I was walking towards my physics class, totally dreading it when I realized how awesome our God’s planning is. He wants me to be tested by tough situations like a teacher who totally sucks, but he has given me three other classes that I really like. So I am being challenged, but not to the point where every day I dread going to school. I realized that both this quarter and last, God has given me one class that was a challenge [last quarter it was English], and all the others were great. How awesome our God is.

Oh, P.S. Thursday I lost my bank card. I was quite scared at first, but the card is canceled, by balance is what it should be and the bank is sending me a new card.

5 comments:

Paul DeJarnette said...

Wow....

God will be faithful through the rough times just as much as the easier times. I am sorry the physics teacher isn't the easiest - physics is hard enough as it is, is it not?

Praise be you're ok with the bank card deal too...

Unknown said...

That speech class was one of the most fun classes I had during my stint there. I can't remember much beyond his love of beer, what he looks like, and the pizza we had on one of the last days of class. Okay, I did learn something of putting together a speech, but it was fun anyways.

Isaacme said...

Yes Paul, Physics is a subject that I aren't to familiar with, so that makes the class hard as well.

Ya, I hear we get a party on the last day of class. That will be awesome.

Janel said...

I don't think we had a party on the last day of my Speech class. :(

It seemed like physics did get a lot easier after awhile...but that was a different class that I took too.

Jeff said...

i'm looking forward to whatcom in 09. not looking forward to post-algebra math. not exactly my strong point along with writing. if there were one skill i could improve on i would want it to be writing. ive really enjoyed yours trevor. ttyl