Thursday, March 26, 2009

My random life

1) School is out

2) I think I got A’s and I’m hoping I didn’t get any of those nasty minus signs

3) I still haven’t made my decision between UW and WSU.
a. UW is closer and I have friends going there.
b. WSU has a higher acceptance rate (you only know if you’re accepted after the first year in the program)

4) One more quarter and I’ll have gotten through 2 years of WCC without a B. *crosses fingers* Every finals season my mom tells me I should have just gotten a B that way it wouldn’t be so dramatic when I finally got one.

5) My point, Abbie, was that while a lot of people believe that “ing” words such as going, leaving, and heading imply a current state of action, this is actually a common mistake as noted by countless children every Sunday morning when they are told “we’re headed for the car”. Gosh it doesn’t sound as funny now as it did in my head.

6) I’m excited about working in CEF this summer

7) After reading the Narnia series the last year, I finished the Last Battle on Monday. Now I’ve begun The Hobbit. Both are classics but they’re both good.

14 comments:

Paul DeJarnette said...

Praying for CEF... and wisdom in the college decision.

Keep reading. And posting.

Anonymous said...

So, I'm still totally confused...but I'll just take it as a Trevor moment, and smile and nod. (My default action when I don't get things...which happens frequently.)

Congrats on no B's! That's awesome!!

Anonymous said...

OH NO! Not The Hobbit. Eric has been reading The HObbit OUT LOUD at our house for weeks. He went so far as to buy the ANIMATED version of the video as a REWARD for when he finishes reading the book. I couldn't take it anymore. I now don my birthday ipod, crank it up, and knit happily whilst he reads on and on about The Hobbit and Dwarves that moan and groan endlessly about an adventure they CHOSE to go on. Ugh. I'm not a middle earth kind of girl. But by all means, do enjoy, Trevor. :o)

Jeff said...

Oh, the Hobbit is the best book ever! I just started reading through it for the second time. You gotta get in the spirit to enjoy it though. Lol.
btw, I am really amazed that you've gotten all A's and A-'s through 5 quarters! That's awesome!

Shelby said...

I must say that the Hobbit is masterfully written...even if it is not my favorite. :) Oh my, it is so cute the way kids at "ed" to things...lol the English language...hard thing to learn.

Janel said...

I agree with Shelby (she pretty much summed up everything I could have possibly said.) :)

Oh except:

How could they possibly not accept you to the program? You're so cute!

Isaacme said...

The Hobbit's good. The begginings not quite as serious as I remember the rest of the series being.

Emily said...

Did you check your grades yet?

Abbie said...

Ugggg! My school's grades aren't up yet. It's killing me.

Ian said...

Way to go on the posible lack of anything less than a A- Trevor!!! And I TOTALLY get the whole "headed" not being an action thing. We have spent over half an hour "headed" for the car on various Sundays.
I must agree that the Hobbit is an AWESOME book. What I found interesting about it was that Tolkien wrote the book, and the following trilogy, as a history for the two different Elven languages that he had created. (for those of you who don't know, the Elves in Mirkwood, where Legolas comes from, speak a different dialect than the ones in Lothlorien, where Galadriel reigns. And for those of you who haven't read the books (or listened to them being read :O ) that made NO sense)
And BTW Mrs. S. the only animated version of The Hobbit that I ever saw was one that the majority of your children will find rather dull...
...as in asleep dull...
...by the end of the opening credits asleep type of dull. But maybe you found a cooler one than I saw.

Abbie said...

Oh oh oh...I think I get it now...

So it's the typical "we're headed for the car" and then the kids wait for the parents for like 20 minutes after that....is that what you're saying?

Of course, not being a talker myself, I never make anyone wait in the car for me. ;P

Ian said...

YAY ABBIE!!! *claps for her*
I'm SO glad that you caught on!!!

Isaacme said...

Way to go Abbie.

Yes I got all A's. None of those stupid minus signs.

Abbie said...

You have seriously dropped the blogging ball, Trevor...