Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

About twice a month I try to get together with a group called the “Old Time Fiddlers Association” which goes around old time music at retirement homes. Well last Tuesday we were at Alderwood Health Care just off of Northwest. There I up on a bulletin board they had posted little paper leaves that the residents had made. On these leafs the residents (with a little help from the staff) had written things that they were thankful for. On these leaves were written things like the name of passed away spouses and good health, but one that caught my eye read “salvation.” I found it very touching to see that written there. It reminded me of how blessed I am to have such a godly heritage. God has blessed me with four amazing grandparents and two superb parents. I am so thankful for the influence and upbringing that they all have given me. Indeed I have much to be thankful for. (And my friends and siblings aren’t half bad either.)

0 comments: