Monday, July 16, 2007

Monday, July 16

Today went very well. Last year at this church they only had 9 kids show up the first day and their peak day was in the low 20’s. This year we had 14 pre-registered kids but praise god he brought in 30. After having close to 90 last week, 30 seams like a relief, but like our director told us, we need to not get sloppy. Too negative things that happen with a small group.

1 Leaders start relying on themselves instead of God.

2 Leaders start talking amongst themselves and start ignoring the kids.

Please pray that neither of these things will happen.

Isn’t it so sad, though, that when God doesn’t give us an impossible seaming task, we tend to stop relying on him? We need to rely on God al the time. Not only in hard times, but also in good times.

Tonight we had another softball game. It was so much fun. We lost big time. However I thought our team played really well. We didn’t really make all that many errors, the other team just knew how to place the ball. I made my first non-single hit of the season. I actually got to third base. My family told me that I had an awful swing and I’m sure I did but I’m just glad to hit something besides a single. Though of course my other up to bad I struck out, but we will try not to dwell on that.

0 comments: