Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas

Our family opened presents on Christmas Eve day to make room for all that we had planned on Christmas. After opening presents, mom, dad and I went to the mall to go for a walk there. Well actually they went for a walk while I went shopping for a present for my Girl Friend and some stocking stuffers for mom (she fills all of our stocking and we forgot to get her something. So ashamed). After lunch we watched the movie Cristian had gotten, Indiana Jones: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Then was supper and after supper we watched my movie, Narnia: Prince Caspian. Unfortunately Candlelight service was canceled at church so we didn’t go to that that evening.

Then Christmas day arrived and with it a bunch of new snow. Unfortunately part of the plans had been to go up to Lynden to visit my moms parents and bring grandpa to see grandma. It’s a long, sad and complicated storry but basically mom’s parents (who have been married for like forever) aren’t able to see each other very often because of health reasons. Dad took the van down the driveway to see if he would be able to get all of us out but then the van got stuck in our own driveway but with a lot of shoveling, some very cold body parts and a lot of help from the neighbors truck we finally got the van unstuck. Needles to say we didn’t try to make it to Lynden after that. By late afternoon the roads had cleared enough that we were able to get out and bring my dads parents over to our house for an early supper and a short visit. It was an interesting and different Christmas but different can be fun too.

6 comments:

Paul DeJarnette said...

Sounds like you had a fairly relaxing day.

Anonymous said...

Ummm, excuse me Trevor...but WHERE ON EARTH did you get that picture in your slideshow of me "cheerleading" with Kaish'????

Anonymous said...

P.s. Doesn't it make me look tall?

Isaacme said...

Forget you and Kaisha, Mr. Larson is the star of the photo

Anonymous said...

Ahem. You didn't answer the question.

Isaacme said...

I think it was dylan that was taking a bunch of photos and sent them out to everyone who was playing that day. Would you prefer I take that photo down?